- Professor: Moongu Jeon
- Department : Gwangju institute of Science and Technology, School of Information and Communcation
- Research concentration: Machine Learning, Computer vision, Pattern Recognition
- Number of Member (2013): 15 (4 master's, 9 PhD, 2 MS/Ph.D Integrated)
- Phone : +82-62-715-3254, 2410
- Address : Department of Information and Communications building C-306, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), 261 Cheomdan-gwagiro (Oryong-dong), Buk-gu, Gwangju, Republic of Korea (500-712)
The GIST Machine Learning and Vision Lab goes beyond known boundaries and disciplines, encouraging the most unconventional mixing and matching of seemingly disparate research areas.
It creates disruptive technologies that happen at the edges, pioneering such areas as Machine Learing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition. Today, Professor, students at the Lab work in more than 2 research groups on more than 10 projects
The Lab is committed to looking beyond the obvious to ask the questions not yet asked–questions whose answers could radically improve the way people live, learn, express themselves, work, and play.